Sri Lanka is a diversified country that has proven to be the ultimate destination for many tourists who are looking for a remarkable driving vacation. It is important to exercise caution when driving because of the presence of pedestrians as well as animals that can often cross the road without any prior signs at all. It is also advisable to avoid driving during the night far from Colombo.
Make sure that you have planed your vacation properly upfront. This will ensure that you can enjoy different activities. From ancient towns to architecture and because the beaches are close to any place that you might choose to visit, this country is a paradises that no one can afford to miss. You can hire a vehicle and enjoy the breathtaking scenery around the mountainous routes.
Make sure that you have all the information you need regarding some of the areas you can visit and how you need to dress or behave. You can also get information on some of the best Sri Lankan destinations.
Important driving details
- You’ll find that the majority of road signs in Sri Lanka will have their English translated versions.
- Vehicles must remain on the left at all times, except when overtaking. Also, you need to know when you can or cannot overtake.
- Make sure that you have a valid international driving license upfront. It is also important to obtain an identification permit from the AA, which is based in Colombo.
- Make sure that you wear your seatbelt while driving. This applies for both the real and front of the car.
- In case you need to go through a route near a military or government location, make sure that you are not in a hurry because these roads can often be closed due to security concerns.