Trincomalee beach is located on the eastern coast of Sri Lanka, approximately 264km from Colombo. It takes around 6 hours from Colombo to Trincomalee by bus or car and 8 hours by train.
Trincomalee is accessible by all types of sea crafts in all weathers. Trincomalee Beach is used for scuba diving, whale watching, surfing, and fishing.
Trincomalee beach is one of the nicest beaches, endless kilometers of pure white sand, on the east coast of Sri Lanka. It is known for its clean waters, hygiene, and beauty. Trincomalee Beach is characterized by crystal clear waters and white sandy beaches. Trincomalee Beach has shallow waters, which makes it perfect for swimming.
Trincomalee Beach is one of those places that ticks all of your boxes. It is a beautiful, cheap, and sunny place where you won’t get bombarded by locals trying to sell you things. Trincomalee Beach also has a fascinating history and incredible architecture. You will find mosques, Hindu and Buddhist statues, churches, temples, unpolished colonial houses throughout Trincomalee.
Trincomalee Beach isn’t a very popular tourist destination, despite being on the best beaches in Sri Lanka. The people in Trincomalee are some of the friendliest and most hospitable people you’ll ever meet. They are always happy and smiling. Trincomalee is known to be colourful, just like its people.
Trincomalee is home to the most prominent Dutch Fort in Sri Lanka, a Sri Lankan Air Force Base, and a Sri Lankan Naval Base. Trincomalee is considered a sacred place with important Buddhist and Hindu sites in its surrounding. One fun fact about Trincomalee Beach is that it hosts the fifth largest natural harbour in the world.
Things to do in Trincomalee Beach include:
- Visit Fort Frederick, which is a colonial fort that was built by the Portuguese. This is one of the most popular things to do while in Trincomalee.
- Learn how to dive. Trincomalee Beach has many places where you can learn how to dive and even get certified.
- Go whale watching from March to August.
- Visit Koneswaram Temple, which is an ancient temple o the Hindu god Shiva. This is one of the most sacred temples in Sri Lanka.
- Visit Sali Muthumariamunam Kovil, which is a temple with an ocean view.
- Visit the Trincomalee British War Cemetery, dedicated to soldiers of the British Empire who died during World War II.
- Visit Pathirakali Amman Temple, which is a colourful temple that was dedicated to the Hindu goddess Bhadrakali.
The best time to visit Trincomalee Beach is from May to September.
Trincomalee Beach is the perfect place for people who want to relax, thrill-seekers, and sun-seekers. Trincomalee Beach is a chill place that is not super crowded, where you will get to relax when you visit.